Pearly white smile is attractive. Over 90% of adults feel that an attractive smile is a social asset. Majority of people who have discoloured teeth are conscious about their smile. Stained teeth occur due to several reasons including aging, lifestyle, tobacco use etc. Coffee, tea, lemonade and coke also contribute to teeth staining.
However, cosmetic advancements have made it easier for us to restore the colour of our teeth and thereby boost our confidence. There are several affordable teeth whitening options available. Though the results won’t be as effective and quick as with dental clean-up, they do work well to an extent and can be done according to your convenient timings.
Teeth whitening options:
Teeth whitening strips:
These strips coated with hydrogen peroxide (the same compound used by dentists for teeth whitening) are used for eliminating surface teeth stains. Dentists use 14% hydrogen peroxide while these strips contain a lesser concentration of the compound due to the limitations imposed on store manufacturers yet they are a widely preferred choice for teeth whitening.
If you are looking for best teeth whitening UK, try out the 28 whitening strips available at The Willow Trader. Their strips are meant to be used for 2 weeks for at least 30 minutes each day and by the end of the 2-week period you are expected to see good results for about 12 months and their peroxide compound is safe for teeth. The different strips in the market include:
- Crest Whitestrips classic: This was the introductory model and contains only 6% hydrogen peroxide. Its effectiveness is limited due to low concentration of hydrogen peroxide and works better for those with sensitive teeth. They have to be used for 30 minutes twice a day for 2 weeks.
- Crest Whitestrips professional: This updated version has 6.5% hydrogen peroxide and slightly better than the classic version. It has to be worn twice a day for 30 minutes for 3 weeks.
- Crest Whitestrips premium: These are a popular choice and are more effective in treating yellow stained teeth. They contain 10% hydrogen peroxide and only have to be worn twice a day for 30 minutes for 1 week.
- Crest Whitestrips premium plus: Quite similar to the premium version, but equipped with a number of strips. They are comparatively expensive and have to be worn 30 minutes twice a day for 10 days.
- Crest Whitestrips supreme: The most expensive and effective model in the market with 14% hydrogen peroxide. They can be purchased only from dentists.
Teeth whitening trays:
Made of flexible whitening material and fit around the teeth gently. The results can be seen in 2 or 3 weeks and the daily duration to wear it is higher than that of whitestrips. Some may have to be used overnight.
Teeth whitening pens:
Uses similar peroxide compositions as other home-whitening systems and are easier to use. Use the pen to apply the bleaching agent directly onto your teeth. This inexpensive option lets you whiten individual teeth.
Among the different options available teeth whitening strips are a popular choice because of its convenience and long-lasting effects. Give it a try and get rid of teeth stains.